New Orleans Saints fans in Louisiana are now able to bet on their favorite NFL team. The sports betting industry is fully launched in Louisiana, meaning bayou bettors can place their wagers both online and at licensed retail sports betting locations.
The Saints have been Super Bowl contenders in recent years, but Saints betting odds have gotten a little higher since the retirement of quarterback Drew Brees. There is also some uncertainty heading into the 2022-23 season, as it will be the first without head coach Sean Payton since 2006. Dennis Allen is now the Saints’ head coach.
Saints Betting Odds At The Best Sportsbooks
Odds on all sports teams vary throughout the betting marketplace, and the Saints are no exception. Therefore, if you’re looking to bet on the Saints or any other team in a variety of markets, you should shop around for the best odds. This means downloading multiple sportsbook apps to your mobile device in order to ensure you are getting the best potential payout.
When it comes to Saints betting, popular wagers could include:
- To win the Super Bowl
- To win the NFC
- To win the NFC South
- To go over or under their season wins total
- To cover the spread in a given game
- To go over or under their listed point total in a given game
This chart shows how Saints’ futures odds vary from one sportsbook to another.
|New Orleans Saints Odds|
(as of July 1, 2022)
|To Win Super Bowl LVII||+5000||+4000||+4000|
|To Win NFC||+2200||+1700||+2000|
|To Win NFC South||+350||+400||+380|
|Season Win Total||Over 8 (-135)|
Under 8 (+115)
|Over 8.5 (+100)|
Under 8.5 (-120)
|Over 8 (-150)
Under 8 (+130)
|To Make Playoffs||Yes +125|
If you are looking to place a bet on the Saints to win the NFC South, it would be advantageous to use FanDuel, as the +400 odds offer a better payout than the +380 odds on Caesars or the +350 odds on DraftKings.
Where Can You Bet On The New Orleans Saints?
With the launch of mobile betting earlier this year, Louisiana sports fans have the luxury of placing bets from the comfort of their own homes. However, they do have to be located in one of the approved parishes. In total, 55 of Louisiana’s 64 parishes approved sports betting. The nine that voted to not legalize sports betting are Caldwell, Catahoula, Franklin, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union, West Carrol, and Winn. Bettors in these parishes have to drive to other parishes to place sports bets.
In addition to mobile betting, bayou bettors can also place their wagers in-person at several Louisiana retail casinos.
Mobile betting offers bettors more convenience, but placing bets in-person can sometimes be more thrilling. With both options available in Louisiana, you can place bets however you choose in the Pelican State.
At full capacity, Saints fans could eventually have upwards of 41 online sportsbooks to choose from. Several platforms launched earlier this year, and Louisiana bettors can place their bets today. Louisiana mobile sports betting apps that are available now include:
- DraftKings: Thanks to its time as a DFS provider, DraftKings is one of the more recognized names in the US sports betting industry. As the first DFS licensee in Louisiana, DraftKings had a solid foundation in place in Louisiana to launch its sportsbook product in the state.
- Caesars: As one of the more recognizable names in the sports betting industry, Caesars will bring a sense of legitimacy to Louisiana’s sports betting industry. Having partnered with four casinos and Louisiana State University, Caesars will undoubtedly be one of the first online sportsbooks to launch. The company also has naming rights to the Superdome so should have an abundance of brand recognition with Louisiana sports fans.
- BetMGM: BetMGM has one of the most extensive sportsbook platforms available. At times, hundreds of bets are available for popular sports, featuring markets that can’t be found anywhere else. Many sports that feature niche leagues across the world can also be found. BetMGM Rewards blends digital account holders with rewards at MGM properties, including dedicated windows at sportsbooks, discounted rooms, and sales on events and stores.
- BetRivers: For new users, BetRivers will match 100% of the first deposit up to $250. This provides free money in the cash account to use toward wagers instead of a risk-free opportunity. Unique features include highlighting specific props that give out high payouts, live streaming, and specialty sports such as snooker and motorsports.
- FanDuel: Like DraftKings, FanDuel began carving out its market share originally as a DFS company. FanDuel has become one of the biggest and most respected sportsbooks on the legal US sports betting landscape and already has a major presence in Louisiana.
In order to stand out among the competition, sports betting platforms offer special bonus promos for new users. Don’t forget to take advantage of these offers when downloading Louisiana sportsbooks. Find all Louisiana sportsbook bonuses HERE.
In addition to mobile options, Saints fans who prefer the environment of a physical sportsbook have plenty of places to visit and place a bet. Louisiana retail sportsbooks include:
- Boomtown Casino & Hotel New Orleans
- Harrah’s New Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Horseshoe Bossier City Hotel & Casino
- L’Auberge Casino Hotel Baton Rouge
- L’Auberge Casino Lake Charles
- Paragon Casino Resort and Hotel
- Margaritaville Resort Casino
- Boomtown Casino Hotel
- Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino
- Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
These locations offer a wide variety of betting markets, and bets can be placed on the Saints at all of them.
How NFL Betting Odds Are Calculated
Oddsmakers have their own way of calculating odds for both individual games and futures bets. They all use some combination of advanced mathematics, algorithms, all relevant data related to the teams, and their own expertise in the industry to set the odds.
Once the opening odds get posted, however, they are subject to change depending on how respected gamblers bet and if any new, relevant information comes out such as injuries to key players and inclement weather.
Consider the following example of the betting line for an NFL game between the New Orleans Saints and the Seattle Seahawks:
|Point Spread||Moneyline||Total (over/under)|
|New Orleans Saints||-3 (-110)||-142||N/A|
|Seattle Seahawks||+3 (-110)||+120||N/A|
If you take Seattle and the points, you will need to bet $110 in order to win $100. If you take Seattle to win via the moneyline, and you stand to win $120 when you bet $100. If you go with the Saints and the moneyline, you will need to risk $142 to win $100.
What Kinds Of Bets Can Be Placed On The New Orleans Saints
There are several ways fans of the Saints can put money down on their favorite team. While the betting lines for games are the most common way fans bet on the game, they are not the only way. Several futures bets are available every season, along with weekly and season-long prop bets.
The betting line will contain odds for three types of wagers—the point spread, moneyline, and total (over/under):
- Point Spread: Negative point spreads are for the favorites, while the positive point spreads are for the underdogs. Favorites have to win by more than their spread, while underdogs have to lose by less than their spread (or win the game) to win a bet.
- Moneyline: Rather than take the spread, you can bet for either team to win straight up via the moneyline. To level the playing field, bets on favorites win a smaller amount, while bets on underdogs win more.
- Total (over/under): If you do not want to pick one team over the other, you can bet the over or under on the total. Should you take the over and the combined final score of both teams is higher than the listed total, you win.
What Is A Futures Bet
Futures bets are wagers fans can place on the outcome of future events, i.e., division winners, conference winners, Super Bowl, award winners, etc. These bets can be made from the moment sportsbooks post odds until the odds are taken down (often at a specified time).
It is important to keep in mind that odds may shift and become shorter when the Saints play well. So, if you want a bigger payout, you may want to put money down sooner rather than later.
How To Place Prop Bets On The New Orleans Saints
Proposition bets, commonly known as prop bets, are wagers fans can put on aspects of the game not directly related to the final outcome. Examples include over or under on a quarterback’s passing yards, yes or no on whether a player will score a touchdown, and whether there will be a safety in the game. They are especially popular when it comes to the Super Bowl. For the Super Bowl, you can usually find unique prop bets like the length of the National Anthem and the outcome of the coin flip.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl In Louisiana
Betting on the Super Bowl can be done almost year-round if you want to place a futures bet on one of the NFL’s 32 teams to win the big game. Many books will also offer odds on which division, conference, or state the Super Bowl winner will come from.
Odds on various prop bets will often be released following the AFC and NFC championship games. Prop bets for the Super Bowl can be on things like the coin flip, how many yards a running back will gain in the first quarter, and how many players will attempt to throw a pass.
If you are more interested in betting on the game itself, you often need to wait until the opening line for the game is released. The opening line is usually released shortly after the conclusion of the conference title games.
If the Saints are not playing in the game, bettors in Louisiana can still bet on the game.
New Orleans Saints Partnerships
On July 26, 2021, Caesars formally announced its 10-year naming rights deal for the Superdome, the Saints’ home stadium.
The Saints have also have had a partnership with Harrah’s Casino, which is operated by Caesars, in New Orleans since 2018. As part of the deal, Harrah’s runs Saints-related promotions and would have an area in the casino featuring the team’s branding. Harrah’s would also become the official post-game destination of the team.
New Orleans Saints Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. All legal and licensed sportsbooks in Louisiana offer bets on the New Orleans Saints. Bettors have a multitude of wagers to choose from, so the betting options are seemingly endless.
The nearest retail sportsbook to the Caesars Superdome is Harrah’s New Orleans. Harrah’s has partnered with Caesars Sportsbook to accept sports wagers at the casino.
Caesars is the new naming rights sponsor for the Superdome, home of the New Orleans Saints. This does not preclude other books from offering wagering options on the Saints.
Football fans are able to place in-person bets on the Super Bowl in Louisiana at licensed retail sports betting locations (i.e., riverboat casinos, Harrah’s in New Orleans, or one of the racinos), in addition to one of the many mobile betting platforms that are live in the state.
New Orleans Saints betting odds can vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. We recommend shopping around at various sports betting platforms in order to find the sportsbook that has the best odds.