Louisiana has a very restrictive sports betting market, except for pari-mutuel horse race wagering As the only form of online gambling legal in Louisiana, horse betting is a favorite for online betting fans throughout the state. There’s good news on the horizon. BetMGM recently announced its intention to build a racebook with NYRA Bets. BetMGM Horse Racing will be a major competitor in the pari-mutuel mobile horse race betting industry.
In theory, it’ll allow customers to both watch and wager on quarter horse, harness, and thoroughbred races at over 200 tracks worldwide. While BetMGM Horse Racing hasn’t yet launched in Louisiana, let’s break down what you could expect from this mobile race betting app. We’ll also explore whether it’s likely to launch in Louisiana sooner rather than later.
How To Register For A BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Account
Odds are BetMGM’s registration process will be straightforward and easy, just like it is for other online horse race wagering apps. You will likely need to:
- Download the BetMGM Horse Racing on your chosen device or visit the book’s desktop site
- Click “register” or a similar button
- Then, you’ll be taken to a registration page, where you will fill out some key pieces of personal information to verify your identity. These will include your date of birth, name, and social security number
- Once your identity is verified, you’ll be able to complete registration and fund your account before you put money down on your chosen horse race!
It’s unlikely that BetMGM Horse Racing will require you to visit an in-person casino. Louisiana currently only has two casinos that offer in-person sports betting, and sports wagering is completely locked down by The Book retail property. Instead, registration should be entirely remote.
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Bonus And Promotional Grade (4.3/5.0)
It’s tough to say what the BetMGM Horse Racing may have in terms of an opening bonus or ongoing promotions. But we can make a few educated guesses. For example, the BetMGM mobile sportsbook has a $1,000 risk-free bet opening bonus. We could see something similar for the mobile horse race wagering app. If this occurs, you’ll be able to wager on any horserace on BetMGM, then get that cash refunded as credit for up to $1000 if you lose.
On the other hand, NYRA Bets offers a 100% deposit match bonus of up to $200. For example, if you deposit $150 for your initial deposit, you’ll get another $150 of site credit. BetMGM Horse Racing could have an opening bonus more similar to this instead. No matter what BetMGM Horse Racing chooses in the future, you’ll likely have to play through any bonus credit at least once before you can withdraw it as cash.
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Market Depth And Variety Grade (4.4/5.0)
Similarly, we don’t yet know what the BetMGM Horse Racing will fully include in terms of horserace market depth and variety. However, we do know that BetMGM CEO Adam Greenblatt stated that they wanted the app to let customers bet on thoroughbred, harness, and quarter horse races. We expect this promise to be kept when the app is finally completed and launches sometime in 2022 or 2023.
Furthermore, the same press release indicated that BetMGM Horse Racing would offer wagering opportunities for over 200 tracks worldwide. These would likely include major racetracks like Churchill Downs in addition to lesser-known racetracks. Countries included would range from America to Australia to France to Sweden to New Zealand and more.
In short, BetMGM Horse Racing will likely be positioned as a major international online horse race wagering competitor. Don’t expect market depth and variety to be shallow in this mobile app finally launches. In reality, BetMGM Horse Racing could be a major competitor for TwinSpires and other, more established horserace betting platforms.
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Deposit And Cashout Grade (4.6/5.0)
Most online horse race betting apps allow you to deposit funds to your account or withdraw using a variety of electronic methods. These could include:
- Credit or debit card deposits
- ACH transfers
- E-wallet transfers using platforms like PayPal or Skrill
- Bank wire transfers
We also expect BetMGM Horse Racing to allow you to retrieve your winnings through physical checks mailed to your address. Time will tell which depositing cash-out options are really offered. Most mobile sportsbooks and horseracing apps have fewer withdrawal options compared to their deposit options. BetMGM Horse Racing will score higher if it bucks this trend.
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Mobile App Grade (4.7/5.0)
BetMGM’s online sportsbook has an intuitive and navigable interface that’s ideal for both new players and more experienced sports bettors alike. Similarly, NYRA Bets is known for a simple and streamlined interface that doesn’t clutter small mobile devices with tons of ads or distracting content.
Because these two organizations have partnered for the upcoming BetMGM Horse Racing, its mobile app will probably be similar. Expect a straightforward app interface that allows you to:
- Navigate to different races or racetracks with the touch of a button
- Find ongoing promotional opportunities or bonuses to opt into, such as odds boosts or reload bonuses
- View live horse races in HD quality
- Click on or tap individual horses or jockeys for more information about their win rates, running styles, and other key information
Depending on how much detail goes into the mobile app, BetMGM Horse Racing could also have in-depth tips or strategy sections. This would allow newcomers to horserace betting to improve their chances of major betting success.
In addition to all these aspects, BetMGM currently uses NYRA’s rewards program. This will likely continue with the launch of the BetMGM Horse Racing. It could work something like this:
- You get four points for every dollar you stake on NYRA racetracks, which include Saratoga, Aqueduct, and Belmont
- You get two points for every dollar you bet on other racetracks
- Regardless, you’ll be able to accumulate points, then redeem them for either betting credits to use on future horserace wagers or for other prizes, like race tickets
Odds are BetMGM Horse Racing will include at least one loyalty program. Loyalty programs are great ways to draw people to an app and get them to stay for years to come.
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Overall Grade (4.0/5.0)
At the end of the day, we still don’t know a whole lot about BetMGM Horse Racing or what it may offer to horserace betting enthusiasts. But given the quality of the companies behind the app, we expect it will be a major force in the industry from launch.
It will likely have great market depth and variety, live streaming in HD quality for ongoing horse races, plus the ability to opt into different promotions. We also expect a quality loyalty program. Check this page frequently for updates as we learn more about BetMGM Horse Racing in Louisiana and beyond.
How To Place A Bet On BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana
Although details are still scarce about BetMGM Horse Racing in Louisiana, placing a bet will more than likely be quick and simple. You should be able to simply tap a currently active horserace, then choose a horse or jockey. From there, most mobile apps let you simply tap the name of the racer to add them to your betting slip. You can also choose the type of bet you wish to place, such as a show bet, place bet, or win bet.
BetMGM Horse Racing should also allow you to place exotic wagers, such as multicourse wagers, multi-race wagers, or superfecta wagers. It all depends on what the app ends up offering when it finally launches!
Common Bets At BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana
As noted above, BetMGM Horse Racing in Louisiana will probably let you place most standard horse racing bets through its mobile interface. However, it remains to be seen whether BetMGM Horse Racing will pool the bets from its online app with the bets taken at in-person racetracks, as is the case with TwinSpires.
Should BetMGM Horse Racing do this, bettors will benefit since the prize pools will be larger. But BetMGM could decide to go the other way and keep online prize pools separate from any wagers accepted in person.
Is BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Legit?
BetMGM Horse Racing isn’t available in Louisiana or any other state because it hasn’t been produced or finished yet. However, it may eventually come to Louisiana. When it launches, it will be legit because:
- It will be developed by two well-known companies: BetMGM and NYRA Bets
- It will have to be licensed and reviewed by at least one Louisiana control Board or gambling commission
- It will also launch (and likely be legalized) in other states ahead of time
- Those states will ensure that BetMGM Horse Racing is safe and secure before it is available to their residents
- In addition to these reasons, the BetMGM sportsbook is currently available in a variety of states, though not Louisiana. The BetMGM sportsbook has been active for several years and hasn’t had a major problem with fraud, identity theft, or other potential issues
All of these factors combined indicate that any future BetMGM horse racing app will likely be a safe bet for users.
Why Choose BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Over Illegal Betting Sites?
BetMGM Horse Racing will be a better choice over illegal betting sites for several key reasons:
- Illegal betting sites may compromise your personal information or funds. Ultimately, they can’t be trusted no matter what, especially because there isn’t any authoritative body making sure that they behave legally
- Furthermore, illegal betting sites probably won’t have great horserace wagers selection. While they may allow you to bet on certain types of horse races, legitimate sites like BetMGM Horse Racing will provide a much better range of betting opportunities
- Lastly, BetMGM Horse Racing, should it launch in Louisiana, will be fully licensed and registered for operation. That means it’ll include high-quality digital security, will be regularly reviewed for potential problems, and will have to pay for insurance for its users
It can be tough for Louisiana residents to get their sports betting fixes since online gambling isn’t available. However, if you like online horse race betting, you’re in luck; other apps such as TVG are currently available in Louisiana. You can check out these apps in the meantime while you wait for BetMGM Horse Racing to launch and potentially come to this state.
Why Can You Trust BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana With Your Money?
BetMGM Horse Racing will likely be a much more trustworthy place for you to spend your money on horse race bets. Simply put, BetMGM Horse Racing will include digital security like SSL certification and antivirus software at a minimum. These measures will protect both your personal information and your funds from hackers or other types of cybercriminals.
More importantly, to be licensed for online operation in Louisiana, BetMGM Horse Racing will have to get a license from at least one regulatory body or commission. To get the license, BetMGM Horse Racing will have to:
- Pay a certain fee
- Agree to operational standards, especially regarding security
- Be regularly reviewed, perhaps even yearly
All of these factors will ensure that your horse race betting experience with BetMGM Horse Racing will be better than any experience you would get from an offshore or illegal betting site.
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana Fact Sheet
|How old do you have to be?||Maybe 18 or older|
|What states is BetMGM Horse Racing legal in?||Louisiana, Ohio, and Florida|
BetMGM Horse Racing Louisiana FAQs
No. BetMGM Horse Racing hasn’t yet launched in Louisiana or anywhere else.
If and when BetMGM Horse Racing comes to Louisiana, you’ll need to be 21 or older to place bets in all likelihood. The age might be as low as 18, however, depending on how the state decides to legislate BetMGM Horse Racing.
BetMGM Horse Racing will allow you to bet on races from over 200 different tracks around the world. This will add up to dozens of different race wagering opportunities per week.
If this horseracing app by BetMGM is legalized in Louisiana, yes. Louisiana will require you to use geolocation software to make sure you place bets only within state lines.
No. It is not legal in Louisiana, which does not allow any online gambling whatsoever aside from horserace wagering.
It’s tough to say. BetMGM will likely offer some form of a free bet or deposit bonus for all new account holders.