The announcement sets the stage for BetMGM to begin a larger presence in the South. BetMGM CEO Adam Greenblatt said in a statement that “the BetMGM Horse Racing app is a key part of our market expansion plans and will accelerate our continued growth in 2022.”
About The App
The BetMGM Horse Racing app was initially launched in Ohio, and Florida and Louisiana are the second and third states where it is now available.
The app allows bettors to watch and wager from their mobile devices. It is available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
The BetMGM Horse Racing app launched thanks to NYRA Bets. The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) is a leading provider of horse racing content in the U.S.
Using NYRA Bets’ capabilities, users can place bets on premier Thoroughbred, Harness, and Quarter Horse races at more than 200 tracks. Notable tracks include Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park, and Aqueduct Racetrack.
The app features daily horse racing content that users will find informative and engaging. Features include live streaming video, race replays, and wagering opportunities on marquee racing events in the U.S. These events include the Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes, the summer meet at Saratoga Race Course, Pegasus World Cup, and the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
The app is not limited to U.S. events. Bettors can access a live stream of races from international events. These include Royal Ascot, Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, Melbourne Cup and The Grand National.
About BetMGM Louisiana
BetMGM Sportsbook has already launched its mobile app in a number of states. As a notable name in the sports betting world, BetMGM figures to be one of the most prominent sports betting outlets in Louisiana.
At BetMGM Louisiana Sportsbook, you can expect a clean, intuitive platform with no shortage of special features. On top of the competitive odds, BetMGM Louisiana will have regular odds boosts, prize giveaways, insurance offers, and beyond.
Even though the app has yet to launch in Louisiana, bettors in the Pelican State can create their accounts today. We recommend doing so for a couple of reasons.
First, signing up early ensures that your account will be ready to roll on your mobile device once mobile betting is live. Second, you will be able to claim a special bonus offer from BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana.
BetMGM Louisiana is offering $200 in free bets to Louisiana bettors. All you have to do is open an account today and use the bonus code SHARP. Then, start betting once apps are officially live in the state. This is an acquisition offer, meaning users who sign up for this offer are not eligible for the Risk-Free $1,000 offer or any other acquisition offer.
Full Mobile Wagering Coming Soon
Ronnie Johns, chairman of the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, told Louisiana Sharp that he expects mobile sports betting to launch in Louisiana in the first week of January. Until that time comes, bets can only be placed in person.
There are currently nine brick-and-mortar casinos accepting sports wagers in the Pelican State. The hours of operation for each retail sportsbook are as follows:
- Boomtown Casino & Hotel New Orleans: Monday-Sunday 9 am-midnight
- Harrah’s New Orleans Hotel & Casino: Monday-Thursday 11 am-11 pm, Friday 10 am-midnight, Saturday 8 am-midnight, Sunday 8 am-11 pm
- Horseshoe Bossier City Hotel & Casino: Monday-Thursday 10 am-10 pm, Friday 10 am-11 pm, Saturday-Sunday 8 am to 11 pm
- L’Auberge Casino Hotel Baton Rouge: Open 24 hours
- L’Auberge Casino Lake Charles: Monday-Friday 10 am-midnight, Saturday-Sunday 8 am-midnight
- Paragon Casino Resort and Hotel: Monday-Thursday 11 am-midnight, Friday 11 am-1 am, Saturday 9 am-1 am, Sunday 9 am-midnight
- Margaritaville Resort Casino: Monday-Thursday 10 am-10 pm, Friday 10 am-11 pm, Saturday-Sunday 8 am to 11 pm
- Boomtown Casino Hotel: Open 24 hours
- Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino: Monday-Friday 10 am-11 pm, Saturday-Sunday 9 am-midnight